In a bid to use up my stash fabrics, I gave in to Belle’s request for a version of Simplicity 1727 for herself. She wanted one in the remains of the Liberty lawn pansy print that I’d made earlier in the year for a local florist. She decided not to go with the low roll collar as she thought it would get in the way of jackets and cardigans. She chose a combination of view 3’s neckline and view 1’s darts and sleeves.
I like this top, it’s simple and, depending on your fabric choice, cute. The only thing I don’t like about it is all the darned darts! It took a couple of hours to make and I’m happy to have completed another item on my ever growing list of things to make! As usual I used French seams throughout, double turned the hem & finished the sleeve hems with self-bias. The facings are interfaced with Gill Arnold’s fine cotton fusible interfacing. With this being the third time I’ve used the pattern I hope I can move on to some of the other blouses in my pattern stash. Too many patterns, not enough time or fabric 🙂
I’m hoping to be able to photograph Megan in the Vintage Butterick dress made with the black jacquard from Fancy Silks very soon. It was completed a couple of weeks ago but as I have yet to see her it remains unphotographed. I also hope to get a tutorial up for the French seams soon, in a bid to continue the series on seam finishes. I hope the tutorials are proving useful to someone!